Gita Govinda 07
The Gita Govinda (Odia: ଗୀତ ଗୋବିନ୍ଦ, Bengali:গীতগোবিন্দ, Devanagari: गीत गोविन्द) (Song of Govinda) is a work composed by the 12th-century Indian poet, Jayadeva.
The Gita Govinda (Odia: ଗୀତ ଗୋବିନ୍ଦ, Bengali:গীতগোবিন্দ, Devanagari: गीत गोविन्द) (Song of Govinda) is a work composed by the 12th-century Indian poet, Jayadeva. It describes the relationship between Krishna and the gopis (female cow herders) of Vrindavana, and in particular one gopi named Radha.
The Gita Govinda is organized into twelve chapters. Each chapter is further sub-divided into twenty four divisions called Prabandhas. The prabandhas contain couplets grouped into eights, called Ashtapadis. It is mentioned that Radha is greater than Krishna. The text also elaborates the eight moods of Heroine, the Ashta Nayika, which has been an inspiration for many compositions and choreographic works in Indian classical dances.Jayadeva’s Geetagovinda, composed in the twelfth century, is an Indian classic and a part of the world cultural heritage. It marks a watershed in the development of Sanskrit Kavya literature in the use of a simple style that is much closer to the spoken language than the purely literary or ornate style of earlier works.
2 x 3 ft
Chintamani Biswala is an award-winning, full-time artist, qualified in ‘Master in Visual Art’ and working since 2001. During his 16 year of experience, he took parts in various exhibition and projects successfully completed.
EXHIBITIONS / PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED
– Solo Photo Exhibition for B.K. College of Art and Craft, 2000
– Group Photo Exhibition for B.K. College of Art and Craft, 2000
– Group Painting Exhibition at Lalit Kala Kendra, 2000
– Solo Painting Exhibition at Bhubaneswar, Delhi and Nainital, 2003
– Set desigining for Royal Craft Mela, Bhubaneswar
– Jugalbandi on Painting and Poetry at Jaydev Bhavan
– Organised Painting Exhibition, Jaydev Bhavan, 2007
– Participated in Film Festival organised by OSDFA, 2008
– Meghadoota Painting – PENGON
– Painting Exhibition of Budha – “Peace”, organised by Jai Sri Ram Artina
– Group show Surya Art Gallery Mumbai 2015
– Potrait of Eminent Orissa Personilities like Sri Biju Patnaik, Gopabandhu, Mahatma Gandhi, Pathani Samant for Orissa Parliament.
– Potrait of Jaydeva, Upendra Bhanja and Kalidas.
– Organised All Odisha Child Art Competition in 2003 to 2015,
– State Award in the year of 2002 (Fakir Mohan Smruti Sansad)
– Jayadev painting Award in the year of 2003 (Jayadev Foundation Trust, Govt, of Odisha)
– Sura Tarang Award in the year of 2005
– Craft Award by Arohee as Artist Par Excellence – 2007
– Rotary international Vocational Award for Artist Par Excellence – 2008
– “Chitra Samman” – 2008
– Sea Beach Award – 2009
– International Theatre Award – 2010
– gangadhar smruti samman-2012
– shree Geetagovindam painting award-2013
– Nelasaila chitra samman2015
– Dhauli Chitra Kala samman -2016
– IFACS CAMP Painting Awards – 2017